-
June 14th, 2003, 12:39 PM
#21
HB Forum Owner
Ahhhh yes, the Hamster Cannibal Syndrome. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've known lots of friends who's hamsters also had little baby hamsters. For some reason, they always get eaten by mommy and daddy. (eww)
-
June 14th, 2003, 11:21 PM
#22
Inactive Member
Hum, in fact, I think mainly the daddy eats the hamters babies. I had an hamster family before and I did some research. so from what I remember ( I was like 8 years old, gimme credits for being taumatised), the mother eats only the babies that looks feeble and/or sick. First off, that is. The realy sicks ones or that looks disfunctional. Then, just after the birth, you should separated the mal from the rest of the family because that one will try to eat as much of the babies as he can. Normaly only the sicks ones but if he thinks he won't be separate from the female he'll eat them all onyly so the female will stop milkering (err...feeding? nurthering? I have no idea what the english term for that is) them, and so he can jump her again. The male wants to reproduce the more he can, so 'cuz the female can't be jumped when she have young babies, well, he'll kill them. It's simple. If the female sees that the male is mostly killing her children, normaly she won't react, in some case she cn even help.
=_____=;; talk about "humans are monster".. AH! hamster are no better! lool ^_~
For "having a history of killing pets", I'm worse then you, I'm sure. We had two birds, they died for no reason one morning. Then we had like 7 golden fish, only ius children wanted turtle so we took turtle too and put themin the same aquarium... well, guess what, the turtle killed every fish. Cut them, some in half, others in many piece, some were just floating open... Then the turtles starts going out of the aquarium and basicly both of them died one after another while getting lost under the sofa at night.
Then we got two mice. One got smashed by a car and the other of sickness not a week after.
Then we got the Hamster, that had a familly. The father ate 4 children of the 8, the mother 2, before we gave the mother and the remaining babies to the petshop. the father died two months later of sickness.
Then we had 2 other mouse.One white with red eye, one black with black eyes. I called them Tokyo (white) and Babylon (black) because, even thought they were both MALES, the black one was bigger and never stopped arrassing the white one. REaly. You could see them in the cage. The black was runnig after the white one, and once the white was cornered, it was jumping it! XD so I thought that Tokyo and Babylon was cute for them. ^^;;; Plus, well, one time, our cat tried to eat Tokyo (the white/smaller one) and Babylo (black/bigger) "defend" her by going in front of her and my cat clawed its right eye, so Babylon was missing an eye, Like Seishiro from Tokyo Babylon) later one, Tokyo died, the day after Babylon died. We never knew why.
In the same time, we had a cat. After a year she got back pregnant and gave birth to 4 ADORABLE kitten!! wayyy too cute. Only we had to give them away, so one was for a friend of my mother's, it died a month after. Another one was for a cousins, They kept on trowing it around so they gave it away. Another one was for another cousin, and -that- one was still alive until recently. We kept the mother and the ugliest cat. The moterh went out one day and never got back.
We took in another cat, who last one year, before getting sick and we had to give it to the SPCA ( SPA for other countries I think).
Now, my sis have two d?gus (I have -no- idea what it is in english) ..it's... portuguese rats I think.. looks like rats with squirrels head, a puff of hair at the end of the tail, and long back feet. It's grey-brown, like rats. It's realy weird.
We also had 3 others gold-fishes but the "main" fish, General, killed them all ( named Caporal, Lieutnant and Blue). Then Genral died. So now we Have yet another gold fished name Albator.
Add to that *look up* VERY long list of pets, that my cat likes the give us "gifts", we have 5 birds burrowed in the garden, their head/intestine not far away, plus 3 squirrel (most of them were in a coma in my brother's room for about a week. They -always- died only when my older sister comes looking at them. As soon as she's gone they died. it's funny. realy.) and a skunt that I think died in our garden for no reasons.
holy, look at what I ramble about v__v;;;;; gomeeeen, this isn't the right tread at all.
To save a bit of face, I could help editing at the end of this week, since my exams will be finished and I have time to kill in the summer. so for further chapter, if there is, I could help editing. ^^
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 14, 2003 08:25 PM: Message edited by: yue ]</font>
-
June 14th, 2003, 11:26 PM
#23
Inactive Member
look at that post *ashamed*
-
June 14th, 2003, 11:44 PM
#24
Inactive Member
This is a little of topic..gomen, but just thought I would mention it ^^;;;
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Originally posted by Yue:
both of them died one after another while getting lost under the sofa at night</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL that is how my turtules died too! Well one of them anyways o.O
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 14, 2003 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>
-
June 15th, 2003, 12:44 AM
#25
Inactive Member
Yay! A Yami doujinshi! I look forward to reading it ^_~
Hampsters! I had my own unique hampster experience XD
My dad and I went to the pet shop to get a girl hampter but all they had was boy ones. So my dad said get two so they wouldn't be lonley....seemed like a good idea at the time O_o One night I woke up to them trying to kill each other (they were in the same cage).
We put them in two seperate cages. The one in the smaller cage was an amazing escape artist and allways manage to screw the top off the cage. One night he did it and wound up in my parents room. Our dog Max I (he's passed away, had a tumor in his brain T_T so now we have Max II) found the hampster and ate him [img]eek.gif[/img]
About a month later my sister took my second hampster out of its cage and wasn't very careful. Max I got that hampster too T_T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we had to give it to the SPCA ( SPA for other countries I think). </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's called the SPCA over here in the U.S. too =D
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 14, 2003 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>
-
June 15th, 2003, 01:41 AM
#26
Inactive Member
[img]tongue.gif[/img] Ahahaha....it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one with Pet problems...I've got a rather bad habit of taking out my fav hammy with me whenever I go on a trip...and my last hammy, "Pineapple" dissappeared while I was on one....^_^; I tried to find the lil bugger, but he was completely and utterly gone.
-
June 15th, 2003, 05:45 AM
#27
HB Forum Owner
Hehe...why does it always seem that turtles have strange and sad deaths? My grandma gave me a turtle and I forgot I had one until a week after it had died from starvation or muddy water or a combination of those two. Poor turtle.
I also had two lovely bunnies who frolocked in the backyard (I used to live in a house in Hong Kong before I moved to an apartment)...they died of old age though, and I buried them in the backyard. Gosh, I wonder if the new tenants dug them up yet...
-
June 15th, 2003, 12:18 PM
#28
Inactive Member
Awww, my pet cat just died about a week ago. We think that he got attacked by a dog and was bitten on the neck, causing internal bleeding inside, so he couldn't breath very well. My mom said if he can live the next couple of days, he might live. But, unfortunately, he died in front of my sisters room the next morning. Yes, it was sad, now we need to get a new animal. You know, when living on my reserve (mostly because so many people let their animals run loose), many animals die to, dogs(my cat), other wild animals(my dog Nimkii), cars(I once saw a dog get hit and die when I was waiting for my school bus), or being shot(my last dog, Sammy), and of course, some just dissapear(our puppy, Scamp). Another cat of mine died because he ate a piece of dental floss. It got to far into his system (and it was somehow caught around his tounge), we didn't have enough for sugery, so we put him down. It's suprising, my hamster lived longer than both my last two cats put together. He's lived almost two years now, and everyone keeps saying, is that thing still alive, and I say yeah, why wouldn't he be? Unlike a lot of people I know who have hamsters, I don't forget to feed them or give them water, etc. Oh well. He should be good for another short while. Geez, our family just doesn't have luck with animals, even though we take good care of them. My mom thinks it seems like the people who actually care about their animals, theirs seem to die, while people who don't care, for some reason they seem to live.
Sorry, wrote too much, I guess I just got caught up in the memory of all our lost pets. Sorry to all others who lost their pets.
-
June 16th, 2003, 12:40 PM
#29
HB Forum Owner
Hey, let's talk about the most unusual pets we've ever had in this thread too. (Ease the pain of all the dead pets. ;___
For me, my strangest pet was a chicken.
Now, a chicken would be nothing weird at all if I lived on a farm in the countryside, but this is Hong Kong the city...
A friend of mine bought a live chicken at the market (it was being sold for food...you know, just like you saw in Rush Hour 2. :P ) for the barnyard scene in her Christmas play, but she could't keep it so she gave it to me. A live chicken running around the backyard of a Hong Kong house is just strange...oh, and the neighbour's cat eventually found the chicken and ate it. (My dad had wanted to eat the chicken for dinner before that happened O__o )
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 16, 2003 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Crisis ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM
#30
Inactive Member
None of these are mine... but just some random stories.
A Friend of mine had a cousin that flushed a hamster down the toilet, it was still alive. T_T poor hamster... That same cousin flushed a goldfish down the toilet cause he was bored. WAAH animal cruelty.
And another friend of mine threw his pet hamster out the window because he thought it was dead and wanted to end it's misery (it was pregnant). No worries, we all yelled at him for a good hour XD
My pet expierience are fishies and hermit crabs. o.o; Never had any issues. Just once when my best friend dropped one onto the marble floor because it pinched her. Needless to say... it didn't live [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks